God has called us together in Lawrence, Kansas
- to love Him and to find all of our pleasure in pleasing Him. Psalm 73:25-28 (esv) ~ Whom have I in heaven but You? There is nothing on earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For behold, those who are far from You shall perish; You put an end to everyone who is unfaithful to You. But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works. Revelation 4:11 ~ Worthy are You, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and by Your will they existed and were created.
- to live and to proclaim the Reformed faith and Biblical worship. John 4:23 ~ But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship Him. John 6:35-44 ~ Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to Me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in Me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will but the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I should lose nothing of all that He has given Me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. … No one can come to me unless the Father who sent Me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.”
- to encourage & build up one another in Christ’s Body. 1 Thess. 5:11 ~ Encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. Eph. 4:11-13 ~ And He gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
- to serve those God brings to us and to send them into ministries around the world. Luke 10:2 ~ The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.
- to be salt and light by living out Christ’s Kingship in every realm. Matthew 5:13-16 ~ You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. 1 Timothy 6:15-16 ~ … He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen.
- to love the lost, the broken and the lonely, thus to fulfill God’s royal law. James 2:8 ~ If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. Micah 6:8 ~ He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?